Old 23-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Doug Kanter

That looks like the way rose blossoms NORMALLY fade as they age. Hasn't
anyone ever given these people a bouquet of roses? :-) If your friend just
planted them a week ago, that means those buds were either open when they
bought them, or on their way to it. They have to provide some pretty awful
planting conditions in order for some external factor to hammer the plants
that bad, and that quickly.

Tell them to deadhead (remove spent flowers). Looking down from each
flower, find the first branch with 5 leaves, and snip about 1/4" above that
spot. Then, be patient.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't know much about roses, so when my friends sent me some pictures
of their ailing roses, I wasn't sure how to advise them. Perhaps some
of the rose gurus could take a peek at the following photos and tell me
what's going on with these roses? They just planted them in a new
garden bed about a week or so ago. What might be causing them to brown
at the tips and look so sad? See them at:

http://tinyurl.com/br6k8

Thanks.

-Fleemo