Old 23-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Kay

In article , Niall Smyth
writes
Hi all

Whats the name of that plant

It has a very oriental feel and the "flowers" are a round skin like affair
with the seeds visible and a point at the top

It is not uncommon and has a short name, possibly starts with an "L"
(i used to know it)

The only thing I can think of is Honesty (Lunaria), which has flat
circular seed pods about half to 3 quarters of an inch across. The outer
sides peel off, leaving the central section which is translucent.

I wouldn't have thought of it as having an oriental feel, and the point
is very small. Its latin name does, however, begin with an L.

See pic at

http://www.camerantics.org.uk/default.asp?ID=522
--
Kay