Old 24-05-2005, 01:12 AM
Timothy

On Mon, 23 May 2005 11:11:36 -0700, fleemo17 wrote:

I don't know much about roses, so when my friends sent me some pictures of
their ailing roses, I wasn't sure how to advise them. Perhaps some of the
rose gurus could take a peek at the following photos and tell me what's
going on with these roses? They just planted them in a new garden bed
about a week or so ago. What might be causing them to brown at the tips
and look so sad? See them at:

http://tinyurl.com/br6k8

Thanks.

-Fleemo

Good day fleemo. For what ever reason, tinyurl's almost _never_ work when
I click them. The links always time out or have a broken host. Dunno what
that's about, but from the sounds of it, your friends' rose maybe affected
by botrytis. Botrytis is a fungus and it's very likly it got it from the
nursery outlet. It's almost for sure that the nursery got these shipped in
bulk to them, packed on pallets in a truck. If one had it ... many of them
could be infected. Either way, have your friends look at and read this
page:
http://pep.wsu.edu/hortsense/scripts...c ategoryID=1

Yep, that's a huge url, so goto:
http://pep.wsu.edu/hortsense/

click on:
Ornamentals Rose Botrytis bud and twig blight

Have take a look and see what they think.
Good luck.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com