Old 24-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Dwayne

It is onions that you bend over when about 75 percent of them have turne3d
brown and started falling over. You do the rest and harvest them within a
week or 10 days. Then you clean them off, and lay them somewhere out of the
sun, where the air can circulate around them. They prefer 80 degrees F for
this process. Leave them for 10 days, then put them in your cool storage
place. I also cure my garlic the same way.

Dwayne

"Bob Clark" wrote in message
Recently somebody told me the either bent over or broke off their garlic
plants in order to drive more energy down into the bulb, Does this in
fact
work? How much do I break off/ how many leaves should I leave on the
plant
and when should I do this?

I'm in zone 5 ( I think), Spokane, Washington.

TIA,
Bob