Old 23-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Spider

Andrew wrote in message
My wife keeps putting bits of bread crust on to my compost heap.

Should I put an end to this outrageous behaviour, or will it not be that
much of a problem?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I agree with the others; rats are the only serious problem attached to this
activity.

I'm sure your wife has a kind heart and, if encouraged, would put these
scraps out for the birds. If the birds don't take the crusts within a
designated time, remove the bread, putting more out next day. That way, the
rats won't get an opportunity.

You're obviously passionate about your compost heap, but I doubt it warrants
so much domestic strife!

Spider