Old 23-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Phil L

Robin Blackwell wrote:
:: Hi all,
::
:: I've just returned to the UK after a holiday in Turkey, where I
:: "acquired" a rooted cutting of a plant that's grown in a lot of
:: gardens and patio containers. It's a grass-like plant with tubular
:: red flowers. A picture can be seen at the following web address:
::
::
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bla...NFPCDB4QjlXAxN
::
:: Can anyone identify it please, plus any tips for growing/keeping
:: it in the UK please.

After a brief google, both image and web, it is probably a Russelia
equisetiformis (coral plant)

http://www.gingersrus.com/images/omb...tiformis_2.jpg

There are 11 links here from UK sites, all mentioning it, some on how to
grow etc:

http://snipurl.com/f3g2

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.