Old 24-05-2005, 09:03 AM
whistler-alison whistler-alison is offline
Registered User

Thanks for the advice, Bob. I don't mind having ago at the pinching out etc - I just didn't want to waste a plant which wasn't supposed to be grown outside. It is in the corner of my patio, which is bordered by my house and a fence so quite sheltered and approximately south facing, so hopefully it might just survive as you suggest. If it does peg out, can it be replaced at any point during the summer with a new plant or is there a point where it would be too late. Or I suppose once it becomes evident which one it is I could just replace it then - I have a warm spot in my porch for the Shirely.

One more question - it says to feed one the first fruit has "set". What does this mean - when it has first started to grow?