Old 24-05-2005, 01:53 PM
- Tom -

I'm sorry you got that impression, Paul. Not my intention, actually, but
that's one of the limitations of an impersonal medium like Usenet. I suppose
I could've added a smiley for flavor.
I've used google plenty and learned more accurate information than from
"friendly" replies on Usenet. NG replies are great for filling in the blanks
when basic subject searches are complete and some reading has been done. I
didn't get any indication from your short question that you knew anything
about slice seeders so I directed you to a utility that should be the first
source for answering most questions about technology. Perhaps you'd be
better served by being more specific with requests for information.

--
Tom

"Paul Gerst" wrote in message
If I wanted an impersonal response I would have done so. You obviously do
not understand the utility of a newsgroup and the commercial aspect of the
web. Please do not waste your time by posting such ignorant responses to
the group. If you can't find a more benficial use of your time, then go
google a hobby.

- Tom - wrote:
Do you have a friend named Google?

Here, let me introduce you two. http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en
Now, paste or type "slice seeder" into the blank space and press the
keyboard's Enter key. Voila!
And for dessert, http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&q= . Same
drill. This time you get images.

--
Tom

"Paul Gerst" wrote in message

What is a slice seeder?

wrote:

Don't know where you are, but for most areas of the US with cool season
grasses, it's way past optimal time for seeding. The best time is
early Sept, second best early spring. Now you have hot weather on the
way, which makes it much harder.

Also, I agree with Peter, that unless you really have a thatch problem,
de-thatching is necessary. You can overseed by cutting it short and
using a slice seeder, which is a lot less work.