Old 24-05-2005, 10:21 AM
SamMan

"Travis" wrote in message
newsOyke.22011$4F1.9301@trnddc06...

I have had others (in another forum) say that it is indeed Yellow
Groove. This person's Phy. auerosculcata rarely zig-zag's.

Not every culm will have the zigzag but it is one of it's signatures.

Agreed, that is one of the signatures. The person states however, that with
his Yellow Groove this characteristic only displays itself very rarely. They
speculate the possibility of the zig-zag being influenced more by growing
conditions/soil type. I am by no means an expert on bamboo cultivation (this
being my second year), but it is interesting food for thought.

--
SamMan
Rip it to reply