Old 24-05-2005, 01:25 PM
boothbay

Default Phalenopsis propagating

Can one propagate a fallen leaf of a Phalenopsis orchid? I just bought
this at Loews and when I touched the top, it was completely dry. I
watered it and apparently by the sign of the opened flowers that started
to curl within themselves, I must of watered it too soon. Its hard to
tell if it needs water by the touch. its not like you could stick your
finger down as u would with regular soil pots. So one of the large
leaves dropped off and yet it looks healthy. Now that I've restrain
myself from watering again, a couple of those curled flowers are
starting to open up as they should. What is a fool proof way of knowing
when to water to this newbie Orchid grower? Thanks