Old 24-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Paula
writes

Sadly probably untrue unless you're prepared to tell us how you deal
with snails, slugs, ants, rats, mice, birds etc try not to lie through
your goofy teeth.

Well I'll use this unhelpful remark to respond for the benefit of the
gardeners on this group, to say that we personally buy bird seed by 70
kilos in heavy sacks and fill 8 feeders every day, plus ground food and
table seed and peanuts. We also have a very large fat ball thing and
have all manner of birds from long tailed tits , sparrowhawks, magpies,
jays, and wrens to tree creepers, masses of sparrows, dunnocks,
woodpeckers, pigeons, turtle doves, doves, thrushes and a firecrest.

The frogs eat the slugs and snails, the rats and mice I don't see. We
have less monoculture in a tended garden than many agricultural areas.

Allowing ground elder and nettles to take over my garden would not allow
for berries and seeds, fruit and a lot of slugs and snails for the
wildlife.
--
Janet
Hedgerows & lawns