Old 24-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Kay

In article , Spider
writes

I agree with the others; rats are the only serious problem attached to this
activity.

I'm sure your wife has a kind heart and, if encouraged, would put these
scraps out for the birds. If the birds don't take the crusts within a
designated time, remove the bread, putting more out next day. That way, the
rats won't get an opportunity.

It's not particularly good for birds, so I wouldn't recommend that.

I wouldn't have thought a tiny bit of bread would be a major attractant
to rats. If it's a large amount, then maybe you could consider
developing a liking for summer pudding, bread sauce, or the Iberian
practice of thickening soups with breadcrumbs ;-)
--
Kay