Old 24-05-2005, 01:05 PM
pammyT

purebred poultry
www.geocities.com/fenlandfowl
"Broadback" wrote in message
Nowt to do with gardening, but I know there are helpful bird lovers
here. A pair of swallow have surveyed my garage and decided it would
make a good home. I have no problem with that except I cannot leave my
garage door open all the time as I have a lot of equipment there, if it
was just the car I could cope.

For several days now as soon as I open my garage door, in they go, while
I am working in there, hammering, sawing, whatever, they continue to fly
in and out. Now I am concerned that they are wasting good nest building
time, how is the best way to encourage them to look elsewhere?
TIA

Keep the door shut. Hang some unwanted CDs up and they will twirl and flash
in the breeze, scaring the birds off.