Old 24-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Draven wrote:
It's not slugs. Could it be woodlice?

It probably /is/ slugs - number one rule I've found is to blame slugs for
everything unless - or until - you find otherwise. 95% of the time you don't
have to look any further. Slugs must have cast-iron stomachs (if they have
stomachs that is) they happily munch away on the leaves of my datura (sorry
brugmansia - does anyone know any reason for the name change - I assume it
was named after a Mr (Dr?) Brugman(s)?) It doesn't appear to kill the slug
(more's the pity some would say) but I'm wondering if it's some sort of
survival tool? Because all parts of the datura are poisonous, I'm wondering
if this makes them less appealing to the neighbourhood /turdus/
population...?

Are we going to be seeing a race of 'superslugs'? I damned well hope not!