Old 24-05-2005, 04:00 PM
sophiefishstuff

In message , Scott
writes

"blank" wrote in message
can I make a case for using sterilising tablets or solution (the ones
for baby stuff) rather than domestic bleach, please?

sophie

im interested in why sophie is there a reason i shouldn't use bleach
theres napisan in the same cupboard as the bleach, so i would use it if
you
can convince me there is some problem with bleach

There isn't

some of the household bleaches have some odd additives; the sterilising
stuff is "safer" for people and I would imagine "safer" for fish -
dechlorinators break down any actual bleach left behind, but not any
extras; the baby stuff is also, as I understand it, more degradable from
an environmental point of view, which has to be a good thing.
maybe I'm over-cautious?
--
sophie

www.freewebs.com/fishstuff