Old 24-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Craig Cowing

On May 24, 2005, at 9:16 AM, wrote:

In a message dated 5/23/2005 12:53:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I talked with Professor Anita, and she agreed. I'm going to leave a
couple of clusters, but remove the rest.

It seems to be a good sign, though, that the tree has enough energy to
be putting out this much fruit. At this stage of the game, however, I'd
like it to put the energy into building wood.
I have to remove some fruit also, but I have many clusters , so I
think rather than remove clusters that contain 7 fruit I would remove
most of fruit from each cluster, leaving maybe 2 or 3. This way I have
the fruit distributed all over the tree.*
*
SteveW
Long Island NY

What I did was to remove all but a couple of clusters on different main
branches. The tree won't be ready for display for several more years,
so appearance isn't important.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37