Old 24-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Doug Kanter

"Timothy" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 May 2005 04:04:16 +0000, Doug Kanter wrote:

"Timothy" wrote in message

Dunno what
that's about, but from the sounds of it, your friends' rose maybe
affected by botrytis. Botrytis is a fungus and it's very likly it got
it from the nursery outlet.

Without knowing how old the blossoms were, that's quite a conclusion.
Don't flowers ever fade on your planet? :-)

Yes flowers do fade on my planet.... does botrytis exist on yours..?
All that I'm doing is giving the poster an option to what could be causing
the issue, due to the photos being unavailable to me to inspect. One would
assume that between the poster and his friend, they would be able to
recognize a wilted flower. Again an assumption was made and an option was
given.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com

OK...it could be botrytis. But, I was providing one answer which is
guaranteed to be accurate 100% of the time: Flowers fade. I think it's going
to be especially true with a plant that's been living in a cardboard box.
So, I'd say, wait and see what happens for a month or two before assuming
there's a disease, and running out to buy all sorts of obnoxious chemicals.