Old 24-05-2005, 06:35 PM

Gentlemen, thank you both for taking the time to offer advice. I truly
appreciate it.

Timothy, thanks for the URL to the botrytis page. The photo they have
of the rose looks much more diseased than the photos my friend sent me.
(By the way, here's the standard URL to the site:
http://www.sunriveronline.org/misc/roses )

It could very well be a simple case of faded flowers. As I said, I
don't know anything about roses, and when I saw the new rose bud
turning brown, I thought there might be something more sinister
involved. But I'll advise them to keep an eye on them.

I did pass along Doug's excellent advice on the five-leaf pruning
method, so even if it is a simple case of fading flowers, we learned
something in the process.

All the best to you both.

-Fleemo