Old 24-05-2005, 04:04 PM

Hi, try not to move your orchid around very much-less likely to damage
it. Use sphagnum moss for the medium-you can stick your finger down
inside to see if it's damp at the bottom. I read in here where someone
used a sharpened pencil-it gets the end damp when inserted. Read up on
Phal. care (google it) for example don't let water stand in the bottom
tray, watch temperature fluctuations, and even run a fan-mine love
this.......Burr (as for the leaf-it's normal for phals. to loose
them--they'll usually turn yellow, hard to get off though, I usually let
them go a few days then if I can't get it loose I cut it off with a pair
of scissors)