Old 24-05-2005, 07:48 PM
scs0

There is no logical reason the people making pond fish foods should
be
charging $5 a lb and up other than greed.

The purpose of a business is to make as much money as possible by
producing a product people choose to buy. If people chose not to buy
these products they wouldn't be able to charge as much for it. If you
want to blame "greed" on the part of the companies then you ought to
blame the consumers for "sloth" and "ignorance" because we aren't
seeking out cheaper alternatives.

It's especially odd to see that you're complaining about corporate
greed when it relates to feeding decorative fish that live in
artificial outdoor ponds. Some might find it "greedly" for you (and
me) to engage in excess like that when place problem here exists in
the world. Unless you're the poorest schmuck on the planet, everyone
can call someone else "greedy" as an easy way of dismissing a situation
they are jealous about or do not understand.

Be careful of the word greed. Greed has got to be the most overused and
misused word in the English language. Yes, I won't deny that it exists
but it's overused generally by the truely greedy to restrict the rights
of others.