Old 24-05-2005, 06:07 PM
keith ;-\)

Thanks Neil.

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.
"Neil Tonks" wrote in message
"keith ;-)" wrote in message
I have been earthing up my spuds ,but the growth is that fast I am

running
out of soil to earth up with!!I went on holiday last week ,came back to
parts of the tops being brownish & crispy.Is this the cause of frost &
will
the crop be o.k.
I think we may have had a touch of frost when I was away?

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.

Yes, we had a frost around these parts last week (I live near Melton
Mowbray) so that's what's happened to your spuds.

They should be OK - there will be plenty of shoots underground if you've
been earthing up. In any case, probably only some of the leaves have been
damaged.

--
Neil

Visit my Peak District walking website - www.peakwalking.co.uk