Old 25-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Shagster

Go for CF bulbs... I would start with (2) 96 Watt bulbs (6700k light
rating)... I had spare CO2 tanks around (beermister!), so I'm using
pressurized CO2 injection and think it works great and doesn't cost me much
at all...

My tank is stocked with tons of plants, and just some simple fresh water
community fish... Be sure to get 2 SAE's (the REAL ones), and plenty of
fresh water shrimp like Amano shrimp (Caridina japonica).

You'll also need to start thinking about fertilization for the plants as
well...and do yourself one more big favor... Use a true plan substrate for
the bottom of the tank... I'm loving the results since switching to
Fluorite..

Troy

"paul anderson" wrote in message
I have a 55 gal freshwater tank that i am trying to turn into a planted
tank. I am curious what is the best yet affordable lighting syatem that i
can use. And the same with Co2 and the kinds of fish I should keepin it.
Right now it is my Chiclid tank.