Old 24-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Craig Cowing

On May 24, 2005, at 3:12 PM, Steve wachs wrote:

Many times trees put out fruit if they feel theatened
so they can procreat if they should die. Sorry for
the downer, but think it should be a thought.

I sure glad that isn't the case wit my trees. I have 3 Pyracanthas
and a
Cotoneaster with loads of flowers that will form berries. I checked
the roots
on the Crabapples and they are and they are healthy and plentiful. I
think
it's fine. Matter of fact next year it gets a new pot.

SteveW

Long Island NY

Certainly isn't the case with mine either. Both are growing vigorously,
and the major cuts I made three years ago are healing over well. I
repotted the larger of the two this spring, and the smaller one last
year. The larger one will stay in its new pot for another couple of
years, and the smaller one for this year.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++