Old 24-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Reel McKoi

"scs0" wrote in message
oups.com...
There is no logical reason the people making pond fish foods should

be
charging $5 a lb and up other than greed.

The purpose of a business is to make as much money as possible by
producing a product people choose to buy. If people chose not to buy
these products they wouldn't be able to charge as much for it. If you
want to blame "greed" on the part of the companies then you ought to
blame the consumers for "sloth" and "ignorance" because we aren't
seeking out cheaper alternatives.

## Sloth no. Ignorance - yes! If people are willing the pay the price of
a diamond for a zirconium then they will laugh all the way to the bank. :-)

It's especially odd to see that you're complaining about corporate
greed when it relates to feeding decorative fish that live in
artificial outdoor ponds. Some might find it "greedly" for you (and
me) to engage in excess like that when place problem here exists in
the world.

## You can't compare apples to window shades. We're talking about obscene
profit at the expense of the gullible. Koi and GF thrive on cheaper diets
than what they're pushing on us.

Unless you're the poorest schmuck on the planet, everyone
can call someone else "greedy" as an easy way of dismissing a situation
they are jealous about or do not understand.

## Huh? What's to understand? The feed Co's producing catfish and other
fish chows are making a profit by selling it at $5 to $6 per 25 lbs. Some
ornamental fish foods sell for $5 and up *per lb.* Many people see that as
obscene profit and use the cheaper foods rather than enrich some greedy Co.

Be careful of the word greed. Greed has got to be the most overused and
misused word in the English language. Yes, I won't deny that it exists
but it's overused generally by the truely greedy to restrict the rights
of others.

## Are we talking politics here or fish food? :-)
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
EVERYONE: ""Please check people's headers for forgeries