Old 25-05-2005, 06:20 AM
Elaine T

Most Nitrate kits that I have come across are similar and some are prone to
requiring too much operator interpretation which tends to make them worse
than useless unless you only require a guide number. I have not had good
experiences with the quick-dip testers, their accuracy is not very
consistent for nitrates (and IMHO are suspect generally).

I have just done two nitrate tests on my reef aquarium. One (Red Sea) said
25 ppm the other (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) said 15 ppm - both are too high
I know but the difference in kits and the result interpretation issues make
them difficult and time consuming to use.

Anyone know of any accurate and quick kits?

Mark

LaMotte is supposedly very accurate, but I've never shelled out for one
so I don't know how fast it is. My Seachem kit has a 10 ppm standard
you can run to compare, but it's slow and the dropper bottle for one of
the reagents is difficult to use - hard to get a the required single drop.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__