Old 25-05-2005, 04:33 AM
Renee

"Sunflower" wrote in message

"Renee" wrote in message
. ..

I picked up some fresh spray -- Triple Action plus RTU by Fertilome -- an
insecticide, miticide, and fungicide in one. It's premixed in a spray
bottle. I like being able to just pull it out the cabinet in the morning
and be ready to go with no fuss. I plan on using that only periodically
when I see insects, and alternating that with my weekly copper fungicide
spraying if it's necessary to use it. It's still early and cool enough
right now so I'm on my way out to try the new spray and will closely
watch how my roses react to it in the coming days.

Thanks again.

Renee

Copper sprays often burn roses and are not really recommended beyond a
narrow temperature range. Fungicides, to be effective, must be applied as
a *preventative* on a regular schedule. That schedule is printed on the
bottle, as is the diltution rate. Using an all in one is overkill and
ineffective. I've yet to see any all in one that does any of the
components at all well. If you keep using the regimen you've outlines,
you're going to fry all of your foliage and end up with a huge spider mite
infestation.

The nurseries and horticulturists in my area of Florida recommend weekly
copper fungicide spraying on all roses except the carefree and
low-maintenance ones. Blackspot quickly gets out of control here because of
the rain and humidity. I spray regularly with copper fungicide usually in
the morning or early evening when the air is still, as recommended by the
bottle's directions. So far I haven't noticed any burn problems after using
the fungicide.

I plan on stopping my weekly fungicide spray whenever I use the all-in-one.
I don't see how that is overkill since the two sprays are not applied during
the same week. The all-in-one spray bottle says it's a miticide -- isn't
that for spider mites? So I'm surprised you mention that I'll wind up with a
huge spider mite infestation if I use it.

I'd like to here your suggestions as to what and why a different regiment
would be better. Thanks in advance.

Renee