Old 25-05-2005, 04:45 AM
Tom L. La Bron

It sure looks like a star magnolia to me. To many petals to be a saucer
variety.

Tom L.L.
"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Gary Woods wrote:

~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:

I know there is a
late blooming (I think) Dogwood, with Star in it's name,

There are magnolias with star-shaped flowers, though. I'm not hazarding
guess, because "horticulture" still reminds me of a bawdy calculus
instructor long ago in a galaxy far away.

Magnolias come in "Star" and "Saucer" types. iirc, Star magnolias are a
bit
more hardy. This one looks like it _could_ be a magnolia, but there isn't
enough resolution on the picture to be sure - the flowers are big enough
(and the right colour) to be saucer magnolias, and the wood tends to grow
"shrubby" like that.
--
derek