Old 13-02-2003, 06:11 PM
subbykins{Chrd}

Default maintenance free garden?

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:40:16 GMT, Martin Brown
wrote:

Grass you are out of luck with. It grows fast and will always need cutting.
But choose the right perennial plants though and you can have a garden that
doesn't require much effort to keep looking nice. Planted through barrier
layer and with 4" of chipped bark on top, or pebbles/shingle few weeds will
compete.

Of course doing this requires effort on your part. There is no free lunch.

Unless you purchase a robotic lawnmower, not cheap, but effective and
virtually effortless. As my partner pointed out last year, he was
surfing the net on the computer, cutting the grass with the robomow
and washing the dishes with the dishwasher all at the same time.

Now if we could just sort out never having to work again....

"The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything -- and it
works."

- William Strong

subbykins{Chrd}