Old 25-05-2005, 08:42 PM
spiral_72

HA! Nah, I run clear flex through the eraser and pumped water with a
power head. The flow was controlled by how much I kinked the tube.
Crude? yea, but I was able to slow the volume pumped to about
1qt/min...... and if I remeber correctly the bulb was an 8W UV. It made
an eerie glow at night.

I will try vacuuming about 80% water on two consecutive days. I had
always considered my vacuuming to be very sufficient. Maybe not. If I
do this, what about the high phosphates in my tap water? I can't afford
90gal of distilled water.

I grow Ambulia strange enough.... It grows very fast and VERY dense out
the top of the tank.I trim the stuff about 4-6" below the surface every
week, believe it or not. Both my tanks are full of Ambulia from the
original two little plants!

My website, aquarium info and pics at:
http://www.geocities.com/spira=ADl_72/Spirals_page.html