Old 25-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Leon Fisk

On 20 May 2005 12:01:46 -0400,
lid (dsultan) wrote:

I have just begun preparing my yard for the summertime. I was out
yesterday and I noticed 6-7 very small trees beginning to grow
throughout the yard- probably 2-4 in tall- but I don't know what they
are. They look like small "christmas" trees, with fir-like needles. I
don't think they are pine trees, as we have none in the general area
of our subdivision.

snip

I didn't see mention yet of it being a Horsetail (Equisetum
arvense). That would be about the right height for them now.
They are a real pain to get rid of, if that is what you
have. See these links for some more info:

http://www.agf.gov.bc.ca/cropprot/weedguid/horsetl.htm

http://oregonstate.edu/dept/nursery-...horsetail.html

They start out looking very different in early spring,
rather like a plantain that looks sickly brown. They are
more closely related to ferns, rather than trees.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b