Old 25-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Andy

Derek Broughton wrote:

Has anyone else done something like this? Is there anything in particular
to watch out for? Freeze thaw cycles could be hard on it (and my deck) if
it isn't done right.

I'm in the process of something very similar, even down to the window
baskets inside the pond.

The main difference is mine is a part raised pond. The raised section is
a wooden frame with vertical supports every 18". Inside the frame I then
fixed strong wire mesh around the sides. Next I added 1" poly insulation
and finally polythene sheeting.

The final thing should look something like this:

http://www.pxl8.co.uk/dist_flash.jpg

The taller section on the right houses my homemade filter the outlet of
which will be fed at a right angle against a quarter of drainpipe
producing a curtain of water from the edge of the housing and hiding the
pipework (hopefully).

There picture doesn't represent the finally setting, I'll post some
pictures when I get the chance.

Have you had any thoughts on how to hang the window boxes over the edge?
- I've yet to tackle that one...

--
Andy