Old 25-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Kay

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from Warwick contains these words:

Slug patrol this evening was low, even in the area around the compost heap I
didn't get any. As I headed up along the strawberry patch my torch caught a
glimmer in the cornsurprisedfellow slug catcher bolted out of sight into
the cover of the Kerria.

Lucky you, and congratulations on taking such good care of it, hope
it stays around. The only slow worm I've seen here was dead, squished
on the road :-(

We used to have lots of them in our garden in Sevenoaks. The cats would
bring them in, and we'd find them under cushions, none the worse for
wear. Beautiful things, lovely colouring, and an alert intelligent look.
--
Kay