Old 26-05-2005, 03:52 AM

I, unfortunately, will not be in DC for the conference. I used to live in the Bethesda, MD area. So, if anyone has the time, the best place for mussels and other wonderful shellfish with plenty to drink is "Bertha's Mussels" near the wharf in Baltimore. It has been a long time since I've been there but I would hope that it is still there. Also, in DC, there is the ever popular "Hawk and Dove" on Pennsylvania Ave. near the Capital. And one of the best Irish bars around "The Dubliner" on Capital street(I forget) somewhere near, of course, the Capital.

Oh, and of course there are the bonsai.

Jerry
Chicago, IL
Zone 5b/Sunset 39

-- Anita Hawkins wrote:
Jim Lewis wrote:
Hope everyone has a great time, he said enviously, at the big bonsai
bash in Washington DC this weekend.

We intend to! Do we have an official (or even unofficial) IBC meet-up
time/date? We already know the location And I might point out, one
of the finest beer bars in all the world (literally the world's
largest selection, they claim), the Brickskeller, is walking distance
(longish) from the hotel...

Wish I hadn't had to cancel. :-( Hoist one for me, please.

Dear Jim, we will certainly do that! Maybe even several, to make up
for your not being there yourself

Best to you and Jackie and all the critters,
Anita

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --