Old 26-05-2005, 03:24 AM
Windy

Sounds like your neighbor is pulling your leg.LOL
Eight inches wouldn't even keep a rabbit out.
I put up an electric fence to keep my dogs away from the pet bunnies cage.
One of them just jumps over it. I bet a deer would jump your fence also.
Once they are no longer in contact with the ground it won't shock them.
After they are inside the fence they may get shocked moving around through
your garden by accident.
I have had deer jump over my four foot regular chain link and also have
heard they can jump a six foot tall fence.

"jerry" wrote in message
We have a garden with an electricfied fence that has four strands of
wire up to four feet. Recently we visited a neighor who has a garden
like ours but only has a deer fence that is 8" inches high. They
indicate at this hiegh it will stop rabbits and deer. Does this make
sense? I have seen deer jump our fence so don't know if height is
really an issue?

Jerry