Old 26-05-2005, 04:30 AM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 19:08:19 -0700, "wendy7"
wrote:

Hi Vic, Sounds like you are doing everything right. I would check
the potting mix to see if it is ok. Not smelly or mushy?
Here is a url with some step by step instructions.
http://www.midpacificorchids.citymax...age/235341.htm

The stem or spike is called an inflorescens but not sure what
a branch is called?

LOL! Well my plant certainly isn't as large or overgrown and the one
pictured. g

That is a very, very, very bad site. I started off just looking at the
supplies -- I thought I would try to figure out what that growing
medium is called -- but then I moved to the plant catalogue. I'm still
in the cattleya section, and I've already picked out a long list of
plants I'd love to own. I have to keep telling myself that I haven't
got enough room for another orchid, I haven't had my single orchid
long enough to hone my skills enough to try a catt, and while those
prices look really, really tempting, they're in U.S. dollars and they
won't be quite as tempting after the conversion.
--Vic