Old 26-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Doug Kanter

"Alan" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's actually not a pot but a wooden container holding 3 plants, 3ft x
1.5ft approx with a good 15" soil. So there's no dish needed, there are
holes enough. I have other plants in far smaller clay pots and they're
fine. Infact at the moment they are all fine except this one plant. In
previous years I've had the wilting problem with certain plants but
later when the plants have fruit, and it was blossom end rot that was
the problem. Could it be the same virus, but at such an early stage?

This isn't a decisive answer, but I've never had young tomato plants wilt,
and sometimes, when mine are still in six packs or tiny pots before being
moved to their final destinations, they've been horribly abused (forget to
water for a day, etc). They still seem bulletproof. That's why my first
reaction was to question whether yours might be waterlogged.

Other than wilting, any other discolorations or telltale signs of trouble?