Old 26-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Valkyrie

"marty lester" wrote in message
oups.com...
hi out there-

i live in Austin, TX and i just can't seem to grow jalepeno peppers
well.
i have them in a pretty sunny area (about 6-7 hours a day) and in
decent soil with mulch. they form buds, but after a few days they
usually fall off. any suggestions? thanks in advance,

marty.

Next year before you plant your peppers get a box of book matches. When you
put in your plants drop a book of matches in the hole, water, cover with
about an inch or so of soil and then in goes your pepper plant in the usual
manner. I can't remember what it is in the matches, sulfur or whatever, that
the peppers love and keeps the blossoms from rotting off or dropping. My
garden sat in full sun all day and many of those were in the triple digit
temps during July and August. I usually had at least a dozen different
varieties of peppers and always had bumper crops. This also worked well with
eggplant.

Val