Old 26-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Des Higgins

"Sla#s" wrote in message

"Stephen Howard" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:54:50 +0100, "Des Higgins"
wrote:

SNIP That is very very definitely C.sativa.

Certainly looks like it to me.

If in doubt, pull a leaf off, dry it out and burn it - there's no
mistaking the distinctive aroma.
If that fails to convince you, try again with a larger quantity....

Bit of a myth that.
It's the flowers that are smoked, not the leaves.
There is very little of the active ingredients in the leaves.

Ehhhh please understand that I have not ehhh inhaled myself as such and what
I know about this species is purely from reading articles in Time Magazine
and watching Channel 4 and ehhh watching people at ehhh hapenings in the
1970s but ehhhh I can assure you that the leaves of appropriate varieties
have more than enough to make you want to listen to reggae with a daft
expression on your face. The flowers are indeed more potent, but the leaves
more than enough to make it worth harvesting the lot. When you consider
that big plants (go google and see what I mean) can grow to 3 metres or so
in height, under ideal conditions, you are talking about serious volumes of
herbiage man per plant. Or at least I think so, my short term memory is
buggered.

Slatts