Old 26-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Justin

Hi all,

I have mentioned in a previous post on this topic, but it's really worth
mentioning again.

I used freshwater clams to clear my green water problem. they cost me AU$4
each and each one 'filters' 20 liters (approx 1/2 a US gallon) an hour.

All it took in my 200 litre (50 gallon) aquarium was 2 clams and 48 hours
for clear water. I didn't do any of the large water changes, UV lights or
diatom filters.
I keep one clam in my tank at all times and I have never had a problem
since...

I did do some vacuming afterwards but this was to clean up the mess from the
algaecide that didn't fix the problem and killed half of my fish population
due to my KH not being high enough...

Hope this helps.

Justin.
"spiral_72" wrote in message
ups.com...
I run a 75% WC last night.... The water in the tank is obviously much
clearer. I still can't see the back wall of the tank though. There is a
considerable cloudiness. I was able to prune everything and rid my tank
of anything not perfectly healthy............. Gotta wait I guess. I am
running my fine filter media for good measure.

My website, aquarium info and pics at:
http://www.geocities.com/spira**l_72/Spirals_page.html