Old 26-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Robert Chambers

sounds like the carburettor is gummed up and having issues delivering
fuel to the engine on a continual basis. Unfortunately unless you are
lucky it will require the removal and cleaning of the carb to get it
going in good order again. It is good to run the mower out of fuel
after the last cut of the year. Empty the fuel tank by running it dry
if you can't drain it and spray a fog of WD-40 in there. Clean out any
accumulated grass under the deck and spray that down too to prevent rust.

Good luck.

Vik wrote:

I have a three year old Toro push mower that started acting up on me
yesterday. I filled it with gas... pushed the primer button 3 times,
just like I've been doing all along, ... but it wouldn't start. I then
leaned it over to its side to check for obstructions around the blade
but found nothing. I set it upright, tried restarting it and this time
it started but for a few seconds only. Leaning it over may have had
something to do with this... I am don't know.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vik