Old 26-05-2005, 07:44 PM
David Ross

Kayla wrote:

Could somebody please tell me if epsom salts are used to feed roses
and what strength do I make the solution.

At the first feeding in the spring, I use about a tablespoonful of
Epsom salts per rose bush. The magnesium sulfate is supposed to
promote the sprouting of new canes. I use another tablespoonful in
the early summer on those roses that do not have any new canes.

I just add Epsom salts to whatever I'm using to feed the bushes. I
always feed using dry fertilizers. However, I always make sure the
soil is at least slightly moist before feeding. After feeding, I
water the roses to start dissolving the fertilizer.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean