Old 12-11-2002, 07:00 PM
Kay Easton

Default Peanuts for Birds

In article , K
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
: In article , K
: writes
:
: I have had fat balls in the past but the squirrels just take the whole
ball!
: We've had up to 13 house sparrows in the garden recently.
:
: Only 13! ;-)
:
: I know they've declined in recent years, but it seems to be more in the
: south than the N. We don't have a huge variety of birds, but the
: sparrows and the tits arrive in flocks.
: --

We're proud of our 13 :O)) For the past 5 yrs or so we were practically
without them but before that we had lots. We were also without greenfinches
for a number of yrs but they have returned now. We also get rose ringed
parakeets on our feeders - bet you don't get those!

No indeed. Best we can offer is occasional flocks of long tailed tits -
lovely pink balls of fluff - and even more occasional goldcrest. I'm
trying to learn to like starlings, magpies and crows ;-)
--
Kay