Old 26-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Daniel Morrow

"Aqua Essentials" wrote in
message ...

Wrote:
I have CO2 setup and I want to run a small air pump on a timer opposite
of my lighting schedule to help with aeration. Are there any
particular
airstones or diffusers that are better than the rest? Should I put the
airstone or diffuser on the bottom of the tank or is it OK attached
via
suction cup a few inches from the surface? Thanks for any input,

Scott

Most airstones do a fairly similar job so I wouldn't worry whether one
does a better job or not. All airstones do is disturb the surface of
your aquarium and therefore increase oxygen absorption.

I think they might do a little more than that - the bubbles they emit have a
higher air to water surface area than if they (the airstone) were never
used. Netmax? If the op has his/her own heavy duty air pump I would
recommend a ceramic airstone, otherwise I would recommend the rena ceramic
airstones the most to the op. Good luck and later!

It's common to put airsones at the bottom of your tank or even below
the gravel as they aren't always the prettiest of things!!

--
Aqua Essentials