Old 26-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Robert Chambers

I think Vik got it to limp along for a bit then it died, tends to point
at fuel starvation rather than an overabundance of it. Try some carb
cleaner in the tank IF you can get the engine to run for a while it
might suck enough through it to clean off the deposits.

Ed wrote:

It's possible that the mower got flooded with the three
primer shots. You can try again without priming and
the throttle fully open - then wait a bit [15 30 min] to
allow the carb to dry out. Try again with all settings at
normal position, but a little less priming.

Ed

Vik wrote:

I have a three year old Toro push mower that started acting up on me
yesterday. I filled it with gas... pushed the primer button 3 times,
just like I've been doing all along, ... but it wouldn't start. I then
leaned it over to its side to check for obstructions around the blade
but found nothing. I set it upright, tried restarting it and this time
it started but for a few seconds only. Leaning it over may have had
something to do with this... I am don't know.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vik