Old 10-12-2002, 06:45 PM

Default Peanuts for Birds

We used to live in Cheshire where birds-tits greenfinches used to scoff bags
of nuts very quickly.
In Devon their response is less enthusuastic and they go off the nuts after
they have hung around for a while-attacking a new bag when it is tied up.
May be the nuts are not so fresh in Devon, maybe the bag is not so securely
located.
The nuts are visited by robins, greenfinches tits juvenile goldfinches.
I have found that blackbirds like a secure perch when consuming berries, and
find it difficult to eat raspberries if they are not too rigidly supported.