Old 26-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Phil L

spaceclanger wrote:
:: Hello,
::
:: I'm a university student studying for my final year at Sheffield
:: Hallam and I need to complete some research on garden recycling
:: and re-use. I'd really appreciate it if you could take the time to
:: answer a few questions, even if they're only short answers,
:: anything's good!
::
:: What kind of things do you recycle in a garden?
::
Everything, vegatation composts down to help produce more vegetation, solids
like timber and bricks etc are re-used time and again.

:: Do you use things/objects for other purposes and if so what are
:: they and for
:: what purposes are they used?
::
empty plastic drinks bottles with the bottoms cut off have a few uses, they
can be pressed into the ground over tender plants to make mini cloches, or
turned over with the wide end facing upwards they can be fixed into growbags
to fill with water, allowing a more thorough soaking.

old dustbins are filled with water to use as water butts.

Old video tapes are broken into and the tape fastened to stakes in a net
fashion, it makes a hideous racket when the wind blows on it and birds don't
like it, old CD's hung on cotton have a similar use, they flash and scare
birds away.

:: Anyone got any stories about interesting and creative ways of
:: re-using things??

There's probably at least a hundred others but I can't think of them..

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.