Old 13-12-2002, 09:42 PM
Paul England

Default Peanuts for Birds

wrote in message ...
We used to live in Cheshire where birds-tits greenfinches used to scoff

bags
of nuts very quickly.
In Devon their response is less enthusuastic and they go off the nuts

after
they have hung around for a while-attacking a new bag when it is tied up.

snip
I have found in the past, that as soon as peanuts go a little damp, they
soon desert you in favour of the neighbours food. This year, I unscrewed the
supporting bracket and moved the feeder under a lean-too porch. I also found
that they preferred the type of holder, which allows them to remove whole
nuts. I only put about 24 hrs supply in the feeder, at any one time.
Regards ............. Paul