Old 27-05-2005, 03:14 AM
simy1

they are amongst the toughest seeds to take to completion. Erratic,
late germination, disease prone, weaker seedlings. Planted at the same
time, my peppers are one to two inches, and my tomatoes are 15-20
inches. You can improve your chances by using the freshest seeds,
sterilized trays, and fresh potting soil. Heat helps, though I get it
cheaply from the top of the refrigerator (need to check daily to make
sure they are taken to a light spot as soon as they germinate). I don't
even use fresh seeds, but I keep all my seeds in the freezer, so they
are always fresh.