Old 16-12-2002, 10:12 PM
Paul England

Default Peanuts for Birds

"Mike Coon" wrote in message
"Paul England" wrote in message

I have found in the past, that as soon as peanuts go a little damp, they
soon desert you in favour of the neighbours food. This year, I unscrewed

the
supporting bracket and moved the feeder under a lean-too porch.

I put a cowling over my cylindrical wire mesh feeder, made of a 2l drink
bottle. I hope it keeps the rain off except for the bottom couple of

inches
left for the birds to get to.

Mike.
--
If reply address = connectfee, add an r because it is free not fee.

Yes, in previous years, I used a mesh feeder which held approx 500 grams,
with a blocked funnel on top. But in winter, I found that after 3 or 4 days,
the damp seeped throughout the feeder.
Using a new feeder which provides whole nuts, is a big hit with them.
However, I must remember to stop when the young are in the nest in spring.
Does anyone know when they start nesting ?
Regards ........ Paul