Old 27-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Tumbleweed

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote in message

Fortunately, in order to register, you are compelled to give an address
and phone number - this toerag had used his parents' landline (without
their permission - they're ex-directory). So I called, spoke to his mother
(and his grandmother!) who was totally shocked (the computer is his own
and is in his bedroom, they don't know the half of what he does on it) and
promised to read him the riot act when he got back from his Saturday job.
She called me back and told me he had refunded me £200 - the £150 he stole
and £50 as compensation for defrauding me.

Had I not had his number, I would have handed it straight to the police -
and he'd probably be wearing an orange boiler suit by now!

if only that was the case..first of all the police almost certainly wouldnt
investigate, and at most he'd probably get a conditional discharge and
possibly not even any attempt for recompense.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com